1. I wish:
I was at home in my jammies curled up with a good book and my hubby.And I wish he wasnt out at work until late tonight :(2. Yesterday:
I went for dinner with my Dad and he told me how happy he was for Ryan and I and how we were "the greatest people this could have happened too".3. Today I will:
possibly buy a pair of maternity jeans after work, I may not have put on much weight but as organs shift around and ligaments loosen holy dinah my belly is in the way! And getting bigger each week. Elastic waist bands here I come!4. Tomorrow I will
: attempt to shove my chubby prego frame into a party dress so that I can go to a Golf and Country Club in Richmond for Ryan's staff Christmas party.5. Maybe
: Ill go tight fitted dress and show off the bump? Or should I go loose and flouncy? Hmmmmmmm6. Someday:
Ill sit "the bug" down and tell her/him all about the crazy ride that is pregnancy7. I love:
Christmas, my kats, my husband, my bed, my house, my family, my friends, and my growing bug bellyThanks to Lauren over at The Little Things We Do! Head on over and join the fun....
Thanks again Lauren! Great blanks for this week!
1. My Halloween plans this year will include: carving pumpkins tonight with the hubby. We have a spider, ghost, skull, and a unicorn. Yah, cuz unicorns are scary as shit! Tomorrow decorating the house which will consist of el prego standing on the ground and directing as hubby climbs ladders and hangs stuff all to be ghoulish delight! Then we are off to the Secret Souls Walk, an East side neighbourhoos haunted tour. Great costume gazing too! Halloween proper we are of course handing out candy and later that night watching Sweeny Tood! Gore + Musical = AWESOME!
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was: a few years back I was a dark angel. I wore a long ripped black slip, a red velvet floor length cape, bug black feather wings, a halo made from dead flowers and dried berry branches, and I carried a small cauldren with a candle inside. I had people stopping me to take my picture as I walked down the street. Once I got to the party I had the best accesory ever: a 100 pound rotweiler with a spiked color. Yah, I looked bad ass.
3. For Halloween this year I'm going to be: a dead victorian doll. Pale skin, red pouty lips, long lashes, a mini top hat with mesh face veil, some black fake stiches applied here and there and some long, flowy, creepy and dark skirts with a black boustier.
4. I've always wanted to dress up as: Tank Girl! If you don't know who she is first off SHAME ON YOU! Second here are some clips for your viewing pleassure ;)
5. Halloween free association! Candy, creepy, ghosts, graveyard, ghouls, goblins, fog, leaves, pumpkins
6. The worst thing about Halloween is: UH.......NOTHING! It's the bestest!
7. The best thing about Halloween is: UH....EVERYTHING! costumes, candy, cool air, foggy nights, jackolanterns, kids in their cute costumes, fireworks, blowing up pumpkins...yah, I still do that.
1. A very nostalgic place that reminds me of being a kid is: my grandparents house in Horseshoe Bay. It was HUGE, and not just because everything seems big as a child. It really was. I would get lost in it! But it was very home like, my grandmother sewed and cooked and my grandfather puttered in the garden. The yard was massive: one side of the house had a rock garden, the other a koi pond, the front a bamboo groove and the back a huge tree surrounded by wild flowers. It was the only place I ever felt safe, like myself, and loved.
2. If someone really wants to show me how much they love me: they will countinue to try, no matter how weird or awkward or distant I get...they will simply always be there.
3. Lately I've been wondering a lot about: whether or not I have what it takes to open an Etsy shop and start to do craft fairs. Will my work sell?
4. When it comes to saving money: I need a goal. Without a goal I am a slave to my desires....but give me a deadline and a target to reach and suddenly I am Mz. Banker.
5. I'd prefer: it if my husband didnt smoke, it's a battle I am tired of fighting.
6. I wish I knew how to make: clothing. Id love to sew myself pretty dresses
7. I'm just waiting for: an answer...
On another note tomorrow night is the Michael Franti concert, and I am so excited! My hubby and I will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. If you dont know who Michale Franti is YOU SHOULD! Here is a taste>>>
1. The best thing about being in school was/is:
meeting new people, making new friends and all of the activities and events I would go to. I was so much more social and politically active in school2. The worst thing about being in school was/is
juggling all the deadlines, schedules, exams, due dates...stressful! Especially in 4th year University but it taught me a lot and I am hyper organized now!3. My favorite subject in school was/is:
well in highschool it was social studies, particularly European history and art. But in University it was Women Studies...hence majoring in it! :)4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is:
math, I wouldn't feel like such a dolt now....especially fractions! 5. I could never get tired of studying:
history of indigenous rebellions and resistance movements...like the Zapatistas! Love that shit! 6. The most memorable teacher I had was:
My Galbrieth, my Gr 8 (and more) Social Studies teacher. He taught European history through art and architecture. When I went to Italy and saw the Pantheon and the Vatican, I thought of him. He also had a 6 foot tall poster of the "David" behind his desk that he had taped a picture of his face to....and taught us about the Plague by showing us pictures of boils...right before lunch...7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose:
going to school for the rest of my life! Learning is a job, and a rewarding one! I never get tired of learning new things! Work is for chumps!
Hello to everyone from New Friend Friday and Little Things We Do!
So normally I would link over to Laurens blog, Little Things We Do, and play along with the Fill in the Blank game...but she is taking a blogger break (you are missed!). So I went back through her history a bit to find an old one I haven't done yet! Thank you Lauren. For all of your creativity!
1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was:
a cockroach....NOT ON PURPOSE! But while I was travelling in India I was eating some curry one day in a dingy lil restaurant and...well...crunch. I wont go into any more detail.2. My best friend is:
although I am truly blessed in that I still have my two best childhood friends close by my side, I have to be honest here and say it is my husband. He completes me.3. If I could live in a different era it would be
: probably some time around the 1920's-40's. I love the fashion and I would so have been a flapper or a pin up girl
4. If you only know one thing about me it should be that:
I am really REALLY sensative. I cry easily so please tread lightly 5. My favorite book of all time is:
a tie between "The Fionavar Tapestry
" and "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior
"6. The one beauty product I couldn't live without is:
Blush! I tend to glow in the dark I am so pale, and I have really dark hair to boot. So a little blush on the cheeks goes a long way!7. Blogging is:
a lot of work! I love it though, but it truly takes a lot of time and passion to create a blog that people want to read....I hope I am getting there! I really love this lil online world I have created here. 8. If I could star in a movie with any actor/actress I would want to work with:
honestly? No one. I tend to create these perfect lil pictures of who people are in my head, yes I know....totally unhealthy. But anyways I wouldn't want to pop the fantasy bubble in my head by meeting a famous person who turns out to be a total douche bag.9. One of the best feelings in the world is:
someone tickling my back, or playing with my hair. Seriously, I turn into a dirty little cuddle puddle slut the minute you do either of those things to me. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
And this is a special Friday....not only is it Fill in the Blank
and New Friend Friday
, but it is also a LONG WEEKEND! Woooooooot! I am heading off to stay on a 120 acre organic farm on Salt Spring Island. I will post lots of pictures when i am back!
But for now....its fill in the blank
time! This week its all about fashion!
1. One fashion trend I really regret is:
my "candy raver" days....massive wide leg pants, tiny baby tees and way too much neon plastic jewelry. Shudder! UGH! I blame the drugs.
2. The one thing that always completes any outfit is: Jewelry! I have to have at least one piece of unique jewelry on or I feel totally naked! Even better is if it is a piece I have made myself or have bought hand made.
3. I would describe my personal style as casual/funky/romantic with a dark twist.
4. My fashion muse is: I get inspiration from so many places, so many lovely ladies, and from art itself.
5. If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be: A vintage dress, preferably from around the 1930's....long, elegant and floaty
6. I would love to raid the wardrobe of: Angelina Jolie! I love her simple but elegant look. Or the wardrobe Audrey Hepburn wore on the set of Breakfast With Tiffany.
7. Today I am wearing: black footless leggings with black lace trim, a black pencil skirt, long sleeve beige shirt with a long, crocheted, flouncy black vest and ballerina flats. Jewelry: an arm load of black rubber 80's bangles, and a Pocahontas pin I made myself! Oh and pink nails with black french tips.
Hello to everyone who came over from Girl Creative or Little Things We Do!
Hope you are all having a rocking day! What are you doing this weekend? Any exciting plans?
Not only does it mean the weekend is nearly here, it also means its time for "Fill in the Blank" fun at Little Things We Do
and "New Friend Friday" over at Girl Creative!
1. The very best thing about the summer is:
my backyard! Our yard just explodes with Irirs, day lilies, Black Eye Suzannes, humming birds, squirrels, chickadees and butterflies! Our veggie patch gives us food, or pool keeps us cool and sometimes we even get a deer or a bear wander into our neighborhood.
2. My first crush ever was:
A boy I met on Nanaimo, I don't remember his name. I was 9 or 10 and he was probably 16 or 17. He caught me a bull frog, taught me how to fish and brought me horse-chestnut necklaces. I thought he was a GOD. He thought I was a "cute kid".
3. This may sound really silly but:
I worry all the time that people are mad at me...
4. I squeeze my toothpaste from:
the middle, I am so
not organized enough to be that squeeze-from-the-end-roll-up-as-you-go kind of girl
5. My absolute favorite "comfort food" is:
A WhiteSpot Triple-O burger...reminds me of being a kid
6. A random fact about me is that:
I like dark things...crows, ravens, skulls. But I am not goth, or emo, or angst or any of that shit. I think it is a waste of life! I'm just a sunny happy girl who thinks death is as cool as life.
7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I couldn't live without is:
My blackberry. God bless Blackberry Messenger. My husband travels a lot for work, like A LOT! We use BBM to chat and send cute lil voice notes and pictures. His absence would be unbearable without it!
Thanks to The Little Things We Do
for this weeks theme!
Now its time for "New Friend Friday!" This weeks question was "What is your favorite childhood memory?" For me it would be playing in my grandparents yard as a child. They had a bamboo forest and huge koi pond. I would build little forts amongst the bamboo and train the Koi to eat out of my hands and such on my finger tips. I loved that house and dream of it still to this day. It is also why I have the bamboo tattoo on my right arm!
What is your favorite childhood memory?
I <3 Friday! And it is here, YAY! Tonight I am hitting the town for the first time in waaaay to long with two of my favorite ladies!
We are doing some after work shopping, retail therapy! My favorite!
Then it is time for some sunset bevy's on a patio over looking the city
For dinner we are checking out Raw Canvas
, a new tapas lounge, wine bar and art studio! Yes that is right, ART STUDIO! U can eat d-lish food, sip a cold glass of white wine and MAKE ART! I am so pumped!
What are you excited for?