It's Tuesday kittens, you know what that means....my songs picks for the week. Enjoy mon amis! What are you listening to right now?
Thank you oh so much to the lovely Ms Lauren for once again organizing this fun weekly post! Go over and join the fun!
1. The most adventurous thing I've ever done is: ooooooh lol, how long do you have? I have done a lot of crazy things in my time. Hmmmmmm well at twenty one I hopped on a plane and went to India for a month and backpacked around the south. At 22 I quit my job and went to spend Christmas alone at an ashram in the kootneys. I shaved my head in grade 12. I have had a few stints as a burlesque dancer....my first tattoo was when I was 15 and drunk on apple wine. It was done with a sewing needle and some india ink....I could go on but I'll stop.
2. If I were a pair of shoes I would be: a super sexy pair of red soled Christian Louboutin heels.
3. My preferred mode of digital communication is: Blackberry messenger makes me happy! Fast, cheap and I love that it confirms when your message has been read. I am more of a texter, I hate talking on the phone.
4. I feel happiest when: I am creating something. Art or craft, if I am making it I am happy.
5. A little dream I have for my life is: well now, I actually have a big dream I am working on....but I can't say yet. Its top secret but it involves some big life changes and possibly some schooling!
6. The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is: my laptop. I would DIE without my laptop.
7. Music, movies, TV or books: life without music is not worth living.
Hello to all new visitors stopping by from Girl Creative! While you're here why not become a follower? Once I reach the magic 50 I will be having another giveaway! This is what the winner of my last one will be getting in the mail soon: a pencil case hand sewn by mois, an owl stuffie also made by mois, some magnets, pretty soaps and a cute pin cushion! I love mail!
I have shiny new blog buttons up for grabs too kittens! Click here to get yours. I love my blog readers! Your comments really make my day and warm my heart! (hugs!)
I got this as an email forward and it was just too good, I had to share!
Dear Dogs and Cats
The dishes on the floor with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate does not mean that is suddenly your food, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the top of the stairs is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It Is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space that you are taking up, is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.
The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.
Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:
TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:
(1) They live here....you don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
That's why they call it “fur”-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.
Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't hang out with drug-using people;
(7) don't smoke or drink,
(8) don't want to wear your clothes,
(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.....
I'm not really a country music kind of girl...like at all. But there is just something so cute and pure and innocent about this song/video. It makes me smile. Guess I am feeling a lil girly today.
Do you follow this lil blog yet? Why not!!! LOL! When I hit 50 followers I will have another GIVEAWAY! Yippy!
Ladies and well, ladies, lol! We have a winner......drum roll please! bardurrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
MARMIE! "I think this little cutie should be named Buttons because the spots on its chest remind me of buttons :D"
Well my hubby and I totally agreed, Buttons it is! Thank you everyone for participating! Another contest will be posted in a week or so, this was fun! Marmie you will be getting your very own custom made owl, in the colors of your choice, and some craft treats and surprises as well! xoxo
Its Friday kittens! I don't know about you but I am really looking forward to the weekend! Glorious sunshiny weather aaaaand Im in another craft fair, YAY! Friday also means Fill in the Blank fun, and New Friend Friday.
1. My favorite current TV show is: I dont watch a lot of current shows, but I do love Two and a Half Men
2. The TV character I can relate to most is: uhm, no one. I try not to relate to fantasy make believe characters. I prefer real life role models!
3. My life is like (fill in with TV show and why)....I gotta agree with Lauren here. Seinfeld. Its just full of random nothingness that makes me blissfully happy. And I have more then one Kraemer in my life.
4. My all time favorite TV show is: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
5. A TV show that is ridiculously stupid, but I continue to watch is: Gene Simmons Family Jewels, God I love that show! It is so over the top, but it sucks me in
6. My favorite TV couple is: Marge and Homer Simpson. Seriously
7. One TV episode I could watch over and over again is: the episode of Roseanne when they all smoke pot and hide out in the bathroom from the kids. Even though I don't do drugs, it makes me laugh my ass off everytime! "There is nobody here. I am all alone, its just me and my ganja"
While you all are here I would like to share TWO BIG THINGS with you!!!!!!!
The minute the weather starts to get slightly cooler I start dreaming of fall...the clothes, the cozy blankets, the pumpkin spice lattes, the boots, did I mention the clothes?!? Here is my fall-must-have-wish-list Not that I can afford any of this, but a girl can dream can't she?
A classic, military style pea coat and an awesome vintage inspired purse
Some comfy but fashionable cardigans
Skirts! Woolen skirts in fabulous plaids and twill's!
A classic pair of jeans and MOCCASINS!
While you are here don't forget to grab one of my brand spanking new blog buttons! I still can't figure out how to get them to work in my side bar, but here they are: