1. My absolute favorite movie of all time is: Baz Luhrmann's version of "Romeo and Juliet". I have probably seen it a million times and I never get bored of it. It is a visual feast for the eyes!
2. My favorite movie as a child was: "The Never Ending Story" I used to cry so hard when Artax died in the Swamp of Sorrows that my mom had to fast forward through the scene. I am nearly 30 now and I still get misty eyed
3. The best movie quote ever is: "The condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You put one on, dance all night with a stranger and then throw it away. The condom, not the stranger. " Marla Singer - "Fight Club"
4. My favorite actress is: Helena Bonham Carter particularly as Marla in "Fight Club"
5. The movie I could watch over and over is: "300" it has it all! Action, drama, romance, history....and men dressed as Trojans. mmmmmmmmm
6. My favorite movie genre is:
anything EPIC. Think big time epic action drama, particularly history. Give me some history, rich fabric, costumes, big sets, some tragic romance and I am a happy girl! (Braveheart, 300, Troy etc)7. A movie I would like to watch this weekend is:
anything that I can rent and watch in bed with my hubby! He is home after a 10 day work trip....there will be no leaving the house ;)
Thanks to "Little Things we Do
" for this weeks theme!
Here is a peek at what I have been up to the past week: please click on images to see their full size and description. I would love LOVE some feedback folks! Should I keep on trucking? Or enough with the felties already?
Today I was matched up with my "Secret Pal" for a pen-pal type package swap. Its a dorky things us knitters and craftsters do. So HELLOOOOOOOO to my secret pal, whoever you may be? I hope you will snoop around on here and leave lil anonymous comments so I can be all detective like! I have already gone over to visit the person Ill be sending my mail-luv to and wow, is she ever stich-a-riffic!
Who doesnt love good old fashioned snail mail packages?!?!? Fun!
Here is what is inspiring me, my art and my life right now....
FOXES! Yes weee lil fuzzy foxes, i think I have a new obsession and new item to collect. Foxes, I love them and their cute faces. love their colors, love how they hunt. Just <3
Neo-Victorian Fashion, Cameo's and vintage shadow portraits
And last but not least vintage cameras
What is inspiring you right now?
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is: "Disconnected" by Face to Face and "Violet" by Hole
2. My first concert ever was: New Kids on the Block....back when they were still cute
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Led Zepellin, David Bowie, Paul Simon, Bob Marley, Nirvanna, The Beattles...
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is: a song? Pffff I don't know how long you people knock boots for but in my house its a CD. And I have two faves for getting down. 1) Assian Massive and 2) Loveage: Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By
6. A memorable musical moment for me was:
seeing Michael Franti
perform on the beach in Bali, Indonessia.
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is:
"Kandi" by One Eskimo
and also "Sunrise" by Yeasayer
I cant stop playing with felt! My newest series of brooches....stuffed hearts. "Be Still My Beating Heart"
Vintage store find! Some old school childrens books...they are already in pretty rough shape so i plan on using them as collage material for my Art journaling class!
I love vintage French art...this is full of sassy posters! Again, awesome find, greatmaterial for my art journaling!
And I recently had a special visitor to my krafty korner....Spikasoraus. He is pretty awesome.
I have been crafting and knitting until I can't see straight! I can't seem to stop honestly. Simply put, I think it is saving my mind. If you are ever feeling anxious, funny in the head, blue, or just plain old bored, I tell yah make some art. Anything! Draw a picture! Put up a random collage of inspiring images on your fridge! It doesn't have to be a huge project, but the act of making something when you feel like nothing is truly amazing! Here is what I have been up to:
Remember that hat on my needles last week? Well I finally finished it and Ryan loves it! He hasn't taken it off his head! I totally veered away from the pattern a bit, but it worked and now he has a comfy, slouchy beenie hat. But at first...when I tried it on my own head, I was a lil devastated! But it fits his fat head! Woooot! (That's baby Kitty, our not so little tabby kat, playing with Ryan in the hallway). I got the pattern (that I messed with yes) from Stich n Bitch
I made some "Twitter" badges for Patti in the new Tile of Spain
theme color MAGENTA! She is going to wear hers at Coverings
this year and bring extras to give away as prizes to her Twitter followers! Representing La_Kamika
I also signed up for the "Tell Your Story"
online Art Journaling class! It is so purrrfect for me because I love to journal but find simply writing borrrrrring! I love to express myself through images and I have a suitcase literally stuffed with pictures from magazines and such that I have collected over the years.
This is just the "About Me" section of the class, it kicks off into full gear on Monday with a journal cool theme and prompt every day for 6 weeks! They give you tonnes of ideas for inspiration. Everyone in the class shares their work in a private Flicker group, it is so cool seeing the art everyone creates and why! Do you see the button on the right over there...."Tell Your Story Student"
if you click it you can get some more info.
I also found a polaroid camera on a thrifting hunt with Ryan the other day. It is still in mint condition and I plan on using it for some photo fun on my "dirty 30" bday this summer! So that was my crafty crazyness. What did you all get up to? Peace, pies and kitties!
1. The first thing I do in the morning is: turn on the coffee pot and stare at it grumbling to hurry the f*** up
2. Every night before bed I: curl up with my two katz and write in a gratitude journal.
3. My favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is: nap, there is no problem that cannot be fixed by a good nap with two warm, fuzzy, purrrring katz .
4. Something that makes me cringe: when couples fight in public....it makes me sad
5. Social situations: lately freak me out....i spend lots of time Hans styles...solo, or in smaller groups of close friends.
6. I like to collect: elephants, I have 18 so far .
7. Weekends are for: spending time with my hubby, baking pies, making crafts and playing in my garden.
NOW ITS YOUR TURN! Ok fellow bloggers, copy and paste this in to your site, fill in the blanks and leave a comment on here with your link...GO!
PS: Hey Facebook friends, I love that so many of you are reading this but please...leave your comment luvin here on the blog! It makes my heart happy
(all images from www.weheartit.com)
I had the pleasure of getting to know a very strong woman recently....a woman fighting cancer, fighting with her every breath. She passed away yesterday in her sleep.
She was one of the strongest women I have known. She did ballet everyday despite how sick she was, she would not give up what brought her joy. I learned from her. Never, ever give up your joy.
She read trashy magazines to keep things light: as she put it "I've got cancer, let me read someone elses problems for a change". I learned from her, keep it lite, keep it funny. Laugh.
She left behind a kitty and a hubby that loved her very much....