1. If I could only read one magazine publication for the rest of eternity, I would choose: Vogue, preferably a European one (and I would magically be able to read Italian!)
2. If I were to run my own magazine it would be: a fusion blend of culture, art, fashion, design and travel.
3. I buy my magazines: HA! I am a notorious magazine thief. Not from stores! But from waiting rooms and such. Yes, Im evil. My husband also brings home a lot of fancy magazines from the Air Canada Lounge when he travels, or I will pick up used ones from thrift shops that look like they might have interesting media to collage with.
4. I prefer my magazines: IN PRINT! I love to turn a page and discover something new. I also love to be able to rip out a page that inspires me with its design; whether it is too tack it to my wall or paste it into my art journal. I actually have a suitcase full of pictures I have ripped out of magazines!
5. The number of magazines I buy each month is....thief. Remember? We went over this. Although el prego here has caved and bought a few pregnancy magazines, mainly Fit Pregnancy
6. My favorite magazine genre is: anything that reflects a combination of art, culture and fashion. And I must admit the gossip rags we get in at work suck me in every time!
1. If my house was on fire and I could only grab 3 things I would grab:
well my first response was my husband and my two katz! But they are "things" so I would have to say....oh jeez I can't get past my husband and the katz!!! 2. A smell I really like is:
orange and lavender! Orange really wakes me up and lavender is so peaceful and pretty 3. Something you might not know about me is
: that I obsessively worry, like a lot. It is something I have been trying to change about myself for a long time now 4. Some of my favorite websites to putter about on are: bloglovin
, twitter, facebook, and polyvore 5. This weekend I will:
officially start my baby registries, create more tattoo inspired embroidery pieces, watch a lot of LA Ink while I work on said pieces, and hopefully catch up on household chores that el prego here hasn't had the energy for 6. Nothing makes me happier than
: my husband. Nothing even comes close to him Now go on over to Laurens blog and join in on the fun!
Now it is time to mention A Monthly Make, a fun Flickr group I just joined. Above is a photo of something I made this month, the first of the tattoo inspired embroidery pieces I mentioned. I thought they would make great Valentines gifts for those that like to think outside of the box! Above is a fairly classic styled rose, with some mini nautical stars in the background.
And this is the one I am currently working on, which I love so much I may not be able to put it in the shop! What do you think?
1. My favorite quote is:
Oh gosh! I have lots!
"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels" Faith Whittlesey
"Well behaved women rarely make history" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
"The world will know and understand me someday. But if that day does not arrive, it does not greatly matter. I shall have opened the way for other women" George Sand
"Are strippers just a conduit for straight men to relate to each other sexualy?" Sarah Ketherine Lewis
"Loneliness is simply a misunderstanding of Solitude." But by far my favorite of all time is:
"When he shall die,Take him and cut him out in little stars,And he will make the face of heaven so fineThat all the world will be in love with nightAnd pay no worship to the garish sun."— William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet) 2. A bad habit I have is:
starting projects and not finishing them!!!! 3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was:
Dudes, I am 30 years old and pregnant and I STILL don't feel like a grown up! I'm freaking Peter Pan man! 4. Weekends are:
for crafting and creating and bannana pancake breakfasts in bed! 5. When I was a child I wished my name was
: nothing other then what it was! I never met anyone else with my name and I liked it that way 6. I wish:
It was 3pm already! Our Ultrasound is today and I can't wait to meet the bug! 7. A secret I have is
: I think Nicolas Cate is sexy . Yes I know he is totally weird looking, but he ooooozes confidenceThanks again for the fun blanks Lauren!
1. I wish:
I was at home in my jammies curled up with a good book and my hubby.And I wish he wasnt out at work until late tonight :(2. Yesterday:
I went for dinner with my Dad and he told me how happy he was for Ryan and I and how we were "the greatest people this could have happened too".3. Today I will:
possibly buy a pair of maternity jeans after work, I may not have put on much weight but as organs shift around and ligaments loosen holy dinah my belly is in the way! And getting bigger each week. Elastic waist bands here I come!4. Tomorrow I will
: attempt to shove my chubby prego frame into a party dress so that I can go to a Golf and Country Club in Richmond for Ryan's staff Christmas party.5. Maybe
: Ill go tight fitted dress and show off the bump? Or should I go loose and flouncy? Hmmmmmmm6. Someday:
Ill sit "the bug" down and tell her/him all about the crazy ride that is pregnancy7. I love:
Christmas, my kats, my husband, my bed, my house, my family, my friends, and my growing bug bellyThanks to Lauren over at The Little Things We Do! Head on over and join the fun....
Thanks again Lauren! Great blanks for this week!
1. My Halloween plans this year will include: carving pumpkins tonight with the hubby. We have a spider, ghost, skull, and a unicorn. Yah, cuz unicorns are scary as shit! Tomorrow decorating the house which will consist of el prego standing on the ground and directing as hubby climbs ladders and hangs stuff all to be ghoulish delight! Then we are off to the Secret Souls Walk, an East side neighbourhoos haunted tour. Great costume gazing too! Halloween proper we are of course handing out candy and later that night watching Sweeny Tood! Gore + Musical = AWESOME!
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was: a few years back I was a dark angel. I wore a long ripped black slip, a red velvet floor length cape, bug black feather wings, a halo made from dead flowers and dried berry branches, and I carried a small cauldren with a candle inside. I had people stopping me to take my picture as I walked down the street. Once I got to the party I had the best accesory ever: a 100 pound rotweiler with a spiked color. Yah, I looked bad ass.
3. For Halloween this year I'm going to be: a dead victorian doll. Pale skin, red pouty lips, long lashes, a mini top hat with mesh face veil, some black fake stiches applied here and there and some long, flowy, creepy and dark skirts with a black boustier.
4. I've always wanted to dress up as: Tank Girl! If you don't know who she is first off SHAME ON YOU! Second here are some clips for your viewing pleassure ;)
5. Halloween free association! Candy, creepy, ghosts, graveyard, ghouls, goblins, fog, leaves, pumpkins
6. The worst thing about Halloween is: UH.......NOTHING! It's the bestest!
7. The best thing about Halloween is: UH....EVERYTHING! costumes, candy, cool air, foggy nights, jackolanterns, kids in their cute costumes, fireworks, blowing up pumpkins...yah, I still do that.
1. I am:
a woman, a little girl, a sister, a wife, a lover not a hater, a gardener, an arts 'n craftser, a knitter, a horrible cook, a good eater, a light sleeper, a feminist, peace activist, avid reader, water lover and good hugger. 2. I wish
: I had a million dollars, a pony and a farm for the pony to live one. And if war could end, for ever, that would be pretty awesome too.3. I like:
croissants, tea, chocolate, roses, cuddles, katz, skulls, feathers, vintage, crows, animal prints, elephants and comfy afgan blankies 4. I can hardly wait
until I can share some exciting news with you all...but my surprise isn't quite ready yet...5. I hope:
that everything I am praying and wishing and hoping for right now comes true 6. I think:
that love is the answer to all of our problems 7. I was
: a HUGE nerd as a child. HUGE! I gotz pictures. If your nice I'll share em(Thanks again Lauren for this weeks prompts! Why not go join the fun guys!!!!)
First off, some happy/supportive/joyful comments would be much appreciated....our car was broken into!
A big ol meany smashed our drivers side window and stole my hubby's brand new Iphone 4 and his Blackberry. We both feel totally violated and my poooooor car! Her feelings are hurt. The thief will get their Karma though.
Now on to the fun stuff, after all it is FRIDAY! And life is too short to dwell on negativity. Its time for Fill in the Blank goodness hosted by the ever so lovely Lauren!
This weeks theme is birthdays:
1. Birthdays are: fun now that I relax and don't expect them to be perfect
2. My favorite birthday memory is: when I came home from work on my 29th birthday and my family surprised me by filling the house with roses and candles and a table covered in prezies all wrapped with pretty pink paper! It was so sweet and girly and cute!
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) have is: my hubby always makes me breakfast in bed!
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose: uhm, birthday cake?
5. My birthday is on: June 25, 1980 I am a cancer!
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to see the ballet in New York all dressed up in my best duds with my hubby in a sexy suit
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was: The camera I got for my 30th birthday. Its a Canon Rebel and I love it more then anything else I own!
On another note I stumbled on this lovely concept: The Kind Hearted Blogger Pledge which I am happy to add my name too! Ahem..... AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
- make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
(Hello new visitors, please note that comment sections are at the TOP of each blog post. Thanks for stopping by!)
1. Today for breakfast I had a protein smoothie! Chocolate vegan protein powder, rhubarb, strawberries, blackberries, orange slices, almond milk, almond butter all blended up! Oh and with some cinnamon too. It was D-LISH!
2. My go to/never fail recipe: a nice and easy pasta, always vegetarian, pesto tomato sauce and brown rice noodles. With some nice parmesan on top its a no-brainer!
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is: oh dear, lots. Goji berries, kale, swiss chard, rice pasta, nut crackers, quinoa.....
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was when I sliced nearly through my finger, hit bone, and gave myself nerve damage in my finger....hence the "Kami is not allowed to use sharp knives rule"
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream it would be classic french vanilla!
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Got a bad case of food poisoning from it once and wound up in the hospital. I will never eat it again.
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Dinner because my hubby always cooks it and it is always yummy!
Hello to everyone participating in the blog hop and thanks for visiting, hope you will come back!
1. A very nostalgic place that reminds me of being a kid is: my grandparents house in Horseshoe Bay. It was HUGE, and not just because everything seems big as a child. It really was. I would get lost in it! But it was very home like, my grandmother sewed and cooked and my grandfather puttered in the garden. The yard was massive: one side of the house had a rock garden, the other a koi pond, the front a bamboo groove and the back a huge tree surrounded by wild flowers. It was the only place I ever felt safe, like myself, and loved.
2. If someone really wants to show me how much they love me: they will countinue to try, no matter how weird or awkward or distant I get...they will simply always be there.
3. Lately I've been wondering a lot about: whether or not I have what it takes to open an Etsy shop and start to do craft fairs. Will my work sell?
4. When it comes to saving money: I need a goal. Without a goal I am a slave to my desires....but give me a deadline and a target to reach and suddenly I am Mz. Banker.
5. I'd prefer: it if my husband didnt smoke, it's a battle I am tired of fighting.
6. I wish I knew how to make: clothing. Id love to sew myself pretty dresses
7. I'm just waiting for: an answer...
On another note tomorrow night is the Michael Franti concert, and I am so excited! My hubby and I will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. If you dont know who Michale Franti is YOU SHOULD! Here is a taste>>>
1. The best thing about being in school was/is:
meeting new people, making new friends and all of the activities and events I would go to. I was so much more social and politically active in school2. The worst thing about being in school was/is
juggling all the deadlines, schedules, exams, due dates...stressful! Especially in 4th year University but it taught me a lot and I am hyper organized now!3. My favorite subject in school was/is:
well in highschool it was social studies, particularly European history and art. But in University it was Women Studies...hence majoring in it! :)4. One subject I wish I could have mastered/would like to master is:
math, I wouldn't feel like such a dolt now....especially fractions! 5. I could never get tired of studying:
history of indigenous rebellions and resistance movements...like the Zapatistas! Love that shit! 6. The most memorable teacher I had was:
My Galbrieth, my Gr 8 (and more) Social Studies teacher. He taught European history through art and architecture. When I went to Italy and saw the Pantheon and the Vatican, I thought of him. He also had a 6 foot tall poster of the "David" behind his desk that he had taped a picture of his face to....and taught us about the Plague by showing us pictures of boils...right before lunch...7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose:
going to school for the rest of my life! Learning is a job, and a rewarding one! I never get tired of learning new things! Work is for chumps!
Hello to everyone from New Friend Friday and Little Things We Do!