I am super excited to announce some big changes to the shop! I am doing a lot more embroidery pieces these days, probably because it is easier for el prego here to do while sitting on the comfy couch! LOL! I am currently very inspired by old tattoo flash images and have created these romantic rocker wall art pieces! I am also carrying buttons for all your crafting needs! More items to be released soon
1. A very nostalgic place that reminds me of being a kid is: my grandparents house in Horseshoe Bay. It was HUGE, and not just because everything seems big as a child. It really was. I would get lost in it! But it was very home like, my grandmother sewed and cooked and my grandfather puttered in the garden. The yard was massive: one side of the house had a rock garden, the other a koi pond, the front a bamboo groove and the back a huge tree surrounded by wild flowers. It was the only place I ever felt safe, like myself, and loved.
2. If someone really wants to show me how much they love me: they will countinue to try, no matter how weird or awkward or distant I get...they will simply always be there.
3. Lately I've been wondering a lot about: whether or not I have what it takes to open an Etsy shop and start to do craft fairs. Will my work sell?
4. When it comes to saving money: I need a goal. Without a goal I am a slave to my desires....but give me a deadline and a target to reach and suddenly I am Mz. Banker.
5. I'd prefer: it if my husband didnt smoke, it's a battle I am tired of fighting.
6. I wish I knew how to make: clothing. Id love to sew myself pretty dresses
7. I'm just waiting for: an answer...
On another note tomorrow night is the Michael Franti concert, and I am so excited! My hubby and I will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. If you dont know who Michale Franti is YOU SHOULD! Here is a taste>>>
I am working super hard right now on setting up an Etsy shop (and hunting out various craft fairs to have a table at!). As I plug away, and hunt online to make sure I am staying unique, creating a product, I keep stumbling on these amazing finds! I decided I should start sharing some of them with you all. They are just to great!
First off, this dress! OMG! Loves! It makes me want to run around in a meadow and throw fabulous tea parties! Totaly french country chique!
Then there is this fabulous piece of fiber art! I love that it is black and white and so wonderfully textured. The lace and ribbon balance out the anatomy factor...
Then there isYalipaz....I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore her work! So unique, and such fine detail. She makes these lovely lady pins, so flirty!
And last but not least, this embroidery hoop piece. It is part of a series called"Out of Place" that explores the thoughts and feelings around isolation. It reminds me of how far I have come, and yet also makes me proud of all I have been through and all i have learned.