I pulled out my top hat for this one folks. I had a special little assistant as well:
Congratz Michelle! You win a Bam-Bambi plushie and a personalized care package of krafty delights
I am so sorry for not posting the winner of my contest last night as promised. I was given tickets to the Hockey games as a surprise treat and I just had to go and support the boys! And the Vancouver Canucks won to boot! I got home later the usual and was so tired as I am still getting over the yucky flu I had....so tonight kittens! I promise! Check back later to see if you won, I will do the draw after work.
But lets move on to the MUSIC! It is Tuesday after all. This one is a silly treat but it made me laugh! I have a week spot for old school hip hop, hell even cheesy new stuff. My husband makes fun of me all the time. Here is the "History of Hip Hop" as done by Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon. Sorry about the commercial before hand, wait for it to end to view the music. TRUST ME it is so worth it!
1. The first thing I do in the morning to start my day is: check my Blackberry. I am obsessed
2. Today I wish I was: in bed watching Harry Potter movies curled up with my katz. I have a flu and am not feelig so hot....don't want to be at work!
3. If I had an extra $100 in my bank account today I'd: pay someone to take my shift for me so I could go home and do the above
4. Tomorrow I plan on sleeping in and then (power of positive thinking) when I wake up feeling like a million bucks I will sanitize the shit out of my bedroom! Blech, sweaty sheets and snot rags. Yuck.
5. Two things that don't go together are: coca-cola and milk. BARF CITY. i dared a friend to drink it once. I sympathy barfed with her.
6. Something I can never pass up at the grocery store is: chocolate. I feel more secure in life when I know there is a back up reserve in my freezer.
7. The last time I tried something new was: a couple weeks ago...but that is a BIG story and warrants a full post on its own. A big surprise readers, STAY TUNED!
Thank you Lauren once again for this weeks lovely blanks :)
This weeks film in review is Baraka. A silent film with the most stunning imagery from around the world you will ever see. It has been said that it has no plot, however I would argue that it most definatly does! It is a cross cultural comparrison of lives and traditions around the world, and how these different societies view the world around them. It will make you want to travel, I promise! Here is a clip from the theatrical trailer:
I first saw this film when I was 21 years old and I vowed right then and there that I would go to Bali...and nearly ten years later I did! The film will take you to Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Equador, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonessia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kuait, Nepal, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Tzanzania, Thailand, Turkey and the United States. It is an older film now so if you can get your hands on a digitally remastered version I would highly reccomend it!
So this is a tag team event! Band #1 was my husband Ryan's pick and Band #2 is from yours truly. I hope you like them!
So Ryan is really into Julian Casablancas right now, and I gotta admit they are pretty great! Oh, and here is Ryan...aint he cute? I;m a super lucky girl!
And next is mois! My pick for this week is Local Natives! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! I like to crank both of these songs on my Ipod as I wander through the city.
In other news I am plugging away on my Etsy Shop, it is a lot of work to get one fully stocked, with shipping costs etc. But worth it!
Hello Kittens, its FRIDAY! Yeeee HAW! Time for Fill in the Blank Fun and while you are here you should enter my giveaway by scrolling down to see the original post! Contest closes October 10th. Thanks again to the lovely Lauren for today's blanks.
1. True happiness is: loving someone and being loved by them in return
2. The most surreal moment of my life was: getting off the plane in Bombay, India when I was 21 years old. It was hot, sticky, loud, smelly and insane. I felt like Alice in Wonderland, falling down the rabbit hole.
3. My favorite texture is: jersey cotton, the older the better. I love old beat up comfy vintage cotton shirts. Nearly thread bare
4. My signature color is: Black, yah yah yah its a freaking shade whatever.
5. My signature style is: My husband and I just nailed it down the other day to "Punky Brewster grows up". What does that mean exactly? Lets just say I have just the right balance of tacky ;)
6. If I could choose one store to spend my life savings at, it would be: Good Ol' H&M and I am supper excited that one is opening up near my office. DANGEROUS! lol!
7. My best thing about autumn is: Halloween, Thanksgiving, red leaves, pumpkins, trick or treaters, pumpkin pie, cool sunny fall days, sweaters, boots, I could go on and on and on!