Thanks again Lauren! Great blanks for this week!
1. My Halloween plans this year will include: carving pumpkins tonight with the hubby. We have a spider, ghost, skull, and a unicorn. Yah, cuz unicorns are scary as shit! Tomorrow decorating the house which will consist of el prego standing on the ground and directing as hubby climbs ladders and hangs stuff all to be ghoulish delight! Then we are off to the Secret Souls Walk, an East side neighbourhoos haunted tour. Great costume gazing too! Halloween proper we are of course handing out candy and later that night watching Sweeny Tood! Gore + Musical = AWESOME!
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was: a few years back I was a dark angel. I wore a long ripped black slip, a red velvet floor length cape, bug black feather wings, a halo made from dead flowers and dried berry branches, and I carried a small cauldren with a candle inside. I had people stopping me to take my picture as I walked down the street. Once I got to the party I had the best accesory ever: a 100 pound rotweiler with a spiked color. Yah, I looked bad ass.
3. For Halloween this year I'm going to be: a dead victorian doll. Pale skin, red pouty lips, long lashes, a mini top hat with mesh face veil, some black fake stiches applied here and there and some long, flowy, creepy and dark skirts with a black boustier.
4. I've always wanted to dress up as: Tank Girl! If you don't know who she is first off SHAME ON YOU! Second here are some clips for your viewing pleassure ;)
5. Halloween free association! Candy, creepy, ghosts, graveyard, ghouls, goblins, fog, leaves, pumpkins
6. The worst thing about Halloween is: UH.......NOTHING! It's the bestest!
7. The best thing about Halloween is: UH....EVERYTHING! costumes, candy, cool air, foggy nights, jackolanterns, kids in their cute costumes, fireworks, blowing up pumpkins...yah, I still do that.
Since I am all caught up in the realities of being prego and such I thought this weeks film review should be on something related! Even if you don't plan on having a child you should still watch this film! The sad state of health care in general is enough to ring alarm bells but few people go further to look at how it can be used to control women's bodies and limit our access to empowering, natural, right of passage experiences such as childbirth. This was actualy produced by Ricki Lake after a traumatizing birth experience with her first child. Her story, and that of all the women, midwives and doulas involved will open your eyes and touch your heart!More information on this film can be found here
The oh so lovely Mademoiselle Pamplemousse
has awarded me this award and I am oh so touched and honroed! My first blogger award! YIPPY!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
Now it's time for my 7 things:
1. I recently shared with the world that I am 2 months pregnant!
2. I love baths WAY more then showers
3. I have two fat kats: Spitz and Baby Kitty. Spitz is 13 years old!
4. My husband and I have been together for 12 years, married for 2 years
5. I collect elephant statues, teacups, tin lunch boxes and Virgin Mary items
6. The minute it is Dec 1st I will start decorating my house for Christmas. I love LOVE a warm, cozy, winter wonderland in my home
7. I have an obsession with reading Vampire books. Can't get enough of 'em!
And now time to pass this lovely award on to 7 other blogs I have recently fallen in love with and think you all should go visit:1. Deer Little Fawn2. Oh Lauren3. Books 'n Shoes4. Motivation Grrl5. The Nearsighted Owl6. Peace, Love and Leener7. Our City Lights
Congratulations to all of you, and thank you soooo mucho mucho Maryam!!
I heard this song on the radio on the way in to work this morning and I just knew I had to share it with you all! Its a new fave that's for sure!
And for a totally different genre...I have really eclectic music tastes...I freaking LOVE this song. It makes me wanna wiggle my booty. Not to mention the costuming for it, BRILLIANT! It is like all of my current fave fashion trends blended in to a big ol sexy mish mash.
What are you listening to right now? Do you have any tunes to share? My hubby and I LOVE hearing new music! Please share!
So you may have noticed how in some previous blog post I have been alluding to some "big changes" and "exciting news" that I wasn't ready to share. Well I can't keep it a secret anymore! I AM PREGNANT! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowza eh!? How is that for a news flash!? Ryan and I are very excited and still in shock. See this wee lil one was a big surprise as we were not trying, but surprises are the best gifts! We are excited, nervous, and delirously happy with just the right amount of sheer terror thrown in to keep things interesting! LOL!
I am 2 months and 2 days along and l already I have a belly bump brewing as you can see! And my boobs! Dear god the boobs! I went up a cup size over night! If only my teenage self new what was in store for those tiiiiny tiities! So in honor of this new phase of my life I will have a new weekly blog post: "Motherhood Mondays" where I share my journey with you my lovely readers as I stumble into motherhood. Today's post is just short and sweet to share with you all but I will share a couple observations I have noticed so far:
- being pregnant is like being the protaganist in a science fiction movie...I mean dudes there is something GROWING in my belly!
- Morning sickness isn't just vomiting. For me it is dizzy spells and total lack of interest in food. I mean I am hungry ALL the time, but not much gets me excited to eat
- When you do find that one thing you want above all other foods WATCH OUT! It is like being 15 years old and stoned for the first time. You want waffles with peanut butter and honey and NOTHING else will cut it. And when you have that first bite you hope it lasts for ever....or was that just me? LOL
1. I am:
a woman, a little girl, a sister, a wife, a lover not a hater, a gardener, an arts 'n craftser, a knitter, a horrible cook, a good eater, a light sleeper, a feminist, peace activist, avid reader, water lover and good hugger. 2. I wish
: I had a million dollars, a pony and a farm for the pony to live one. And if war could end, for ever, that would be pretty awesome too.3. I like:
croissants, tea, chocolate, roses, cuddles, katz, skulls, feathers, vintage, crows, animal prints, elephants and comfy afgan blankies 4. I can hardly wait
until I can share some exciting news with you all...but my surprise isn't quite ready yet...5. I hope:
that everything I am praying and wishing and hoping for right now comes true 6. I think:
that love is the answer to all of our problems 7. I was
: a HUGE nerd as a child. HUGE! I gotz pictures. If your nice I'll share em(Thanks again Lauren for this weeks prompts! Why not go join the fun guys!!!!)
First off....I HAD MY FIRST ETSY SALE! YAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!!!
So encouraging! Now I have to go and list a bunch more as 4 items sold! Head on over to the shop and take a look, if you see something you like grab it while it's hot! Each items is unique!
I also take custom orders :)I also realized it has been awhile since I have done a photo dump post. So here is an update on all things Kamika, photo styles! The other day I did a 2 hour hike in the Canyon and found these wonderful mushrooms! I took a bazillion pictures but here are some of my faves:
This tree was COVERED from top to bottom in these beautiful shrooms! It was like a cascading quilt, 20 feet high!!!!
I had lots of fun playing with the macro settings on my camera. Amazing eh? Next tutorial is a fun macro trick! Stay tuned
It was like being lost in a magical fairy land!
There were even PURPLE mushrooms! I have a feeling this might be a "happy" shroom. The dog tried to eat it and we all yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" LOL
I have also been spending a lot of time sipping tea, reading Vampire novels and cuddling with my two wonderful kats
My family and I have been enjoying the last of our bountiful Heirloom Tomatoes we grew! So d-lish, all organic and the funkiest colors you ever did see in a tomato!
Yes, they really are supposed to be those craz y colors, trust me. D-LISH! Each one is unique and beautiful, just the way mother nature intended them to be! No GMO's over here folks!
That's my life lately, simple, lovely and krafty! How about yours?
Guess I'm feeling nostalgic these days....here are some gems from my youth. I can remember bouncing around my bedroom to these songs. Wearing my gelly shoes, rubber bangles, florescent sweat shirts and teased bangs. Thankfully those trends have come and gone. Well except the rubber bangles. I still wear them :)
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.
1. Blogging is: a lot more work then people realize.
2. A current fashion trend I wish I was brave enough to wear is: seriously if you have met me you will know there isnt much I am not brave enough to wear. There are however some trends that are just to slutty/skanky for me to wear. I like to keep my ass covered thank you lil Ms. super short skirt with visable butt cheeks. Leave something to the imagination for Gods sake!
3. My greatest accomplishment in life thus far is: currently a work in progress that I can't yet share....but will soon! Its a big one!
4. If I had to choose between a mountain or a beach vacation I'd choose: Mountain. I am a woods girl. Let's get lost in the woods kittens!
5. A talent I wish I had is: something atletic, I am such a clutz!
6. A talent I do have is: I see krafty potential in everything :)
7. This week: has been mentally draining and physically exhausting. My cold is finaly started to get better and I plan to rest lots this weekend to finally kick it in its snotty ass!
I am happy to announce that my EtsyShop is FINALLY open and ready to rock your world!!! Its been a long process, made harder by how sick I have been but I did it! Head on over and check it out by clicking here
Sorry kittens, no film review for today. My brain is full of snot...I am getting over a horrible cold and havent been watching much intellectual content lately. Morelike Harry Potter and Wall-E.
So instead I would like to focus on the beauty of fall, the beauty of decay that leads to the rebirth of spring! I love fall and Halloween. I think it is a time of year that should be honored. It makes me think of a Japanese term Wabi Sabi: the art of finding beauty in imperfection and profundity in nature, of accepting the natural cycle of growth, decay, and death.
What is your favorite thing about fall?